Any new student blawgers out there?

Posted by T. Greg Doucette on Aug 10, 2011 in Randomness | Subscribe

Hey y’all! :D

I need your help plz :angel:

Each year, the ABA Journal compiles¬†its annual Blawg 100 — a pretty cool categorized listing of the top 100 legal blogs on the web. As part of that process they developed a “Blawg 100 Amici” form where folks can submit recommendations of blawgs the ABA Journal folks should check out.

I filled out one form last year (nominating Dennis Jansen) and plan to submit more this year…

…but with my chronic disappearances over the past semester I don’t really know as much as I should about the law student portion of the blawgosphere anymore :beatup:

So I’m turning to you for info: which law student blawgs should I be looking at that I’m not? is there anyone new out there who isn’t included in the law:/dev/null blogroll? and which folks merit me (and others) turning in amici forms?

Let me know in the comments or shoot me an email :)

And, just because I’ve been on a Samson kick these past 36 hours,1 here’s a clip from my camera phone of him playing with one of his new toys earlier today:

Have a great night everybody! :D

1. Albeit a tired Samson kick, since the dog woke me up at 3:30am… then again at 5am… then again at 6:30am… []

Tags: , , ,

7 Comments

Keith Lee
Aug 11, 2011 at 8:34 AM

FYI – When I was in Chicago a few months ago I met with a couple people from the ABAJ and asked about the lack of student blawgs in the rankings (a student blawg has never been listed). There were a variety of reasons, but what it came down to was that they don’t accept student blawgs to be included in the rankings. Bummer I know but justified on their part after speaking with them.

Dr. Juris
Aug 11, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I blawg, but this summer haven’t had as many law-related posts as I would have liked, due to lack of material (summer break, lol).

Dr. Juris
Aug 11, 2011 at 2:54 PM

(P.S. I was looking through and seems like we have similar tastes…I like your header at the top of your blog. :) )

Keith Lee
Aug 11, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Update to the above, spoke with @BlawgWhisperer – there is not a law student category (CATEGORY in her words, trying to get it through my thick skull), but submissions of law student blawgs are allowed.

TDot
Aug 12, 2011 at 9:57 AM

@Keith: Thanks for the info (and subsequent clarification)! Considering how sporadically some of the “adult” blogs get updated, I have to confess being a smidge disappointed that law students aren’t more frequent appearances — so that just means I’ll have to nominate even more of them to get more on there!

@Dr. Juris: Thanks for the comments — I’ve added you to the blogroll! And I definitely noticed the similarities in our respective headers ;)

Legal Anomaly
Aug 26, 2011 at 3:17 AM

i’m a student blogger. i just started a few months ago. i have noticed not many active student law blawgers out there.

TDot
Aug 26, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Added you to the blogroll! Also read through some of your posts — if you need any help on the tech side of blogging, let me know :)

Copyright © 2019 law:/dev/null All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek.
Find TDot on Twitter or on Google+.