First, happy April Fool’s Day to everybody!
I personally only got fooled twice, which is two times too many but still better than years past
On a non-prank-related note, I’ll shamelessly confess that Huma was/is the inspiration for today’s post. She’s been occasionally posting her top posts and blog results at TRPLS for quite some time — I wanted to post something similar months ago, but for the longest time I couldn’t figure out how to get my stat software to show more than 20 search results1
But before getting into the search queries I want to give a huge *THANK YOU* for all of you for stopping by law:/dev/null! March 2010 was our busiest month yet
Sure a good chunk of that was because of political drama, but 7 shorts months ago it was pretty much just the web bots and me. So I’m pretty excited for the visitors, no matter the reason
Here’s a few search results from the past month:
- ncsu student government elections: Will be April 6th this year. Go to the NCSU SG Board of Elections website for more info
- is it legal to dismiss a student for midterm grades?: Can’t help you on this one, I think that’s a 3L class
- i got a c on contracts midterm: Don’t feel bad, I got a C-
- unc association of student governments and jay shalin: You must be one of the folks looking for info on this piece here. Enjoy.
- torts was my favorite class in law school: ::smh::
- what tier is nccu law school: Tier 4… though producing lawyers who can out-litigate T1s
- how does nccu school of law send decision letters: In the mail.
- how long does it take for nccu school of law to send a decision: As long as it takes
- has anyone been accepted into nccu school of law 2010: Yep.
- should i go to nccu law school?: If you like a solid legal education at a cheap price, yes.
- should i go to nccu or campbell law: NCCU. They’re both good schools, but why pay 4x as much?
- what is 16.67%: One-sixth. Half of one-third. Two one-twelfths added together.
- homemade spaghetti sauce: Try Nan’s recipe here
- slow cooker beef tips: In your case, I’d recommend QuietStorm’s beef tips recipe instead
- how can computer scientist count beyond their fingers: The lawyer in me is going to interpret this as how a computer scientist can use their fingers to count past 10 — in which case they’d use binary, with each finger representing a bit. So you can count up to 1,023 using your fingers (starting at 0)
- bar chart of premarital sex: I have no clue what this is or how you ended up here as a result, but good luck finding it
There were about 50 more, but most of them were variations of those ones
And finally, our Top 5 most-viewed posts for the month of March:
- On forgetting St. Patricks Day:2 This is what law school does to you… (03/17/10)
- On political hacks writing commentary: Crazy, or just lazy? You be the judge (or, “Erroneous trash masquerading as punditry”) (03/15/10)
- On my first ever closing argument: Alice in Wonderland (03/24/10)
- On Spring ’10 midterm grade expectations: A Temporary Reprieve (03/06/10)
- And on Fall ’09 final grades: Fall ‘09 Grades: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugh-ly (01/26/10)
That’s all the stats I’ve got for this post — gotta head to bed so I can be up bright and early for my make-or-break Physical Fitness Test for the USMC at 9am tomorrow
Have a great night everybody!